Employment - Singapore
We seek highly skilled, adventurous professionals to join our team and help us explore new ways to expand the reaches of eye care in the developing world. As an organization that operates internationally, our work environment benefits from the skills and abilities of a wide range of cultural values and traditions. We promote principles of equal employment opportunity and advance a work environment free of discrimination.
Current Job Openings
Development Manager, Singapore
Responsible for the development and implementation of sustainable fundraising strategies which focus on organizations and individuals with the goal of expanding support for Orbis. Revenue maximization, retention and acquisition of individual and organizational donors, as well as, enhancement of Orbis’s brand image are important objectives for this job.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development, Singapore
SUPERVISES: Volunteers, External vendors
- Plan, organize and implement approved fundraising activities for organizations based on defined revenue and expenditure targets.
- Develop effective marketing strategies, promotion plans, manpower plans and logistic plans for all assigned projects.
- Solicit sponsorships and gift-in-kind for assigned fundraising projects and events.
- Create and maintain partnerships with local organizations to maximize sustainable revenue.
- Prepare budget, cost analysis and evaluate organization donor campaigns for continuous improvement.
- Develop stewardship recognition and loyalty plan for organization donors.
- Monitor compliance with organization donor gift intent.
- Acquire and update relevant organization donor and prospective donor information and incorporate into fundraising campaign strategies.
- Work with organization donors on donor-initiated fundraising events.
- Conduct market research about other organization fundraising programs in Singapore and understand organizations’ giving patterns and factors.
- Strategically plan, organize and implement approved fundraising activities to acquire and retain individual donors, prioritizing the launch of monthly donation programs.
- Develop stewardship recognition and loyalty plans for mass individual donors.
- Prepare budget, cost analysis and evaluate individual donor campaigns for continuous improvement.
- Research and update market intelligence about individual fundraising programs in Singapore and understand individual donors’ giving patterns and factors.
Marketing, Branding & Communications
- Manage the use of social media in building Orbis brand awareness among prospective and existing donors.
- Primary role for drafting newsletters, securing photographs and issuing approved newsletters on schedule.
- Responsible for keeping website and social media channels updated.
- Meet as needed with consultants, including photographers, videographers, web/social media liaisons, to complete assignments.
- Provide support to the team in areas of communications, public and media relations.
- Plan, schedule and execute fundraising events in conjunction with volunteers and partners.
- Solicits in-kind goods and services as needed for events.
- Schedules and documents post event de-briefings.
- Maintains events calendar.
- Work with finance and donor services colleagues in Hong Kong to update and maximize the use of the NAV donor database system.
- Make recommendations on changes and additions to donor data to improve data quality.
- Ensure compliance with Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act.
- Supervise and develop volunteers as needed.
- Assist the Director of Development in managing the major individual segment, large organization donors and grant writing as needed.
- Act as deputy officer in charge as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree majoring in business, marketing, communications or related disciplines
- 5 – 7 years of experience in marketing management, direct marketing, and/or corporate partnerships with demonstrated success in securing revenue.
- Proven experience in organizing events/campaigns will be an advantage.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strategic, analytical, detail-oriented with good sense of market trends and challenges.
- Strong command of spoken and written English. Fluency in Mandarin is an advantage.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with ability to motivate others.
- Able to plan and meet schedules, solve problems independently and possess high degree of responsibility and integrity.
- Able to handle multi-tasks and willing to work under pressure.
- A good team player, self-motivated, open-minded and creative.
- Enthusiastic and keen to develop career with a leading edge non-profit organization.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Development Manager to apply for this position.
- Please attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are keen on this role and your current and expected salary.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be notified and all data collected will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purposes only.
- The salary offered will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested in the Flying Eye Hospital? Learn about our other positions here: Flying Eye Hospital Job Descriptions