Employment - Singapore
We seek highly skilled, adventurous professionals to join our team and help us explore new ways to expand the reaches of eye care in the developing world. As an organization that operates internationally, our work environment benefits from the skills and abilities of a wide range of cultural values and traditions. We promote principles of equal employment opportunity and advance a work environment free of discrimination.
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE, SINGAPORE
Reporting to the Director of Development, the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of individual donor segment strategies and approved communication projects with the goal of expanding Orbis’s donor base in Singapore. S/he is also responsible for planning, organizing and implementing sustainable strategies to build awareness and generate funds within the school segment.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
SUPERVISES: Corporate and individual volunteers, external vendors, schools
1. Manage and implement approved direct marketing campaigns, donor recruitment events and other fundraising activities to expand Orbis monthly donation programs.
2. Implement approved school program to promote eye care to students as well as to raise sustainable funds for Orbis.
3. Responsible for the production of communication materials within the team.
4. Responsible for Orbis Singapore website, social media, intranet, e-newsletter and eDM campaigns.
5. Handle individual donor transactions, provide service to donors, and maintain good donor stewardship.
6. Research and update market intelligence about individual fundraising programs in Singapore
7. Provide general administrative support to the office.
8. Assist in other fundraising events with the team and participate in other Orbis activities as requested.
9. Work with the team to maximize use of donor database and ensure that all records are up to date.
10. Ensure compliance with Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• University graduate or above majoring in business, marketing or communications and PR.
• At least 3 – 5 years of hands-on experience in marketing and/or communications, with demonstrated success in customer acquisition and securing revenue.
• Proven experience in organizing events and campaigns is an advantage.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Native proficiency in written and spoken English. Mandarin is an advantage.
• Great passion for writing in English. Editorial skills are an advantage.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others.
• Open-minded, creative and willing to work under pressure.
• Good team player and able to handle multiple tasks.
• Enthusiastic and keen to develop a career with an international non-profit organization.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 September 2016.
Interested in the Flying Eye Hospital? Learn about our positions here: Flying Eye Hospital Job Descriptions
Singapore-based student interns and volunteers are welcome to contact us at: email@example.com