Employment - United Kingdom
We seek highly skilled, adventurous professionals to join our team and help us explore new ways to expand the reaches of eye care in the developing world. As an organization that operates internationally, our work environment benefits from the skills and abilities of a wide range of cultural values and traditions. We promote principles of equal employment opportunity and advance a work environment free of discrimination.
Interested in the Flying Eye Hospital? Learn about our other positions here: Flying Eye Hospital Job Descriptions
Current Job Openings in the UK:
Supporter Care Temporary Volunteer
Orbis is an international development organisation, which treats and prevents avoidable blindness in the developing world. The Individual Giving Team is looking for a Supporter Care Temporary Volunteer to help their busy team.
Reports to: Head of Individual Giving, Orbis UK
Line Manages: N/A
Location: London UK
Start Date: 28 September
Part time: 1 day a week
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To support Individual Giving colleagues in delivering Orbis’s rolling individual giving programme
- To help deliver an exceptional standard of donor care
- Support the Fundraising and Supporter Care Assistant (FSCA) in the fulfilment of appeals including producing thank you letters and responding to donor queries.
- To update donor records/cold data updates
- To provide ad hoc cover for the FSCA in processing donations and dealing with enquiries-typically lunchtime/start and end of day cover or as required by the HoIG
- To support the Individual Giving Team and manage other projects as required by the Head of Individual Giving
- To work with consultants, agencies, suppliers, internal Orbis colleagues and volunteers as required to deliver the best results for all activities.
- As a small organisation, staff are expected to work as a close team, to be flexible in their approach and to provide support for other areas as necessary
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent standard of spoken and written English
- Attention to detail and accuracy in processing donations and updating donor records
- Excellent skills in listening to donors and in understanding responses
- Excellent persuasion skills- dealing with donor complaints or misunderstandings
- IT literacy, including familiarity with MS Office, Excel etc.
- An understanding of issues relevant to international development
- Experience of fundraising database Raiser’s Edge or similar
- An understanding of data protection laws
- An understanding of direct marketing, donor development and supporter care
Application is via curriculum vitae and covering letter to Sonal Patel, Donor Relations Coordinator, Orbis EMEA, 4th Floor, Fergusson House, 124 – 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NJ or email@example.com.
Head of Programme Support
Orbis is an international sight-saving charity. Through innovative programmes and partnerships, Orbis creates long-term, lasting solutions to prevent and treat blindness worldwide. By training medical staff, strengthening in-country eye care services, expanding quality eye care provision, and preventing eye conditions, Orbis is part of the solution.
This position manages a new team at Orbis Europe, Middle East and Africa to facilitate effective programme liaison between the country offices (CO) in Africa and Asia and the UK office in London. The team will be responsible for the programmatic management of all grants and contracts funded through the UK office and to provide regular and accurate programme and financial reporting to donors on the programmes they are funding.
This role will be a member of the Orbis UK senior management team and the regional senior programme team alongside the Regional Programme Director, the Ethiopia Country Director and the Orbis Africa Programme Director.
The post-holder will work to improve the impact and delivery of Orbis’s programme objectives in Africa and Asia through information and knowledge sharing in the area of best practice, research and policy.
She/he will support the programme teams in the COs to ensure programme implementation in line with donor expectations. In pursuing these aims, she/he will work closely with relevant teams across Orbis globally.
Salary: Circa £55,000 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 13 September 15
First Interview: Monday 28 Sept 15
Second Interview: Friday 2 Oct 15
All applicants must have legal right to live and work in the UK
Application is via curriculum vitae and covering letter to Nathalie Pinel-Miller, Business Support Manager, ORBIS EMEA, 4th Floor, Fergusson House, 124 – 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NJ. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to high numbers of applications, if you don’t hear from us by 28 September, unfortunately, your application wasn’t successful.