What better way to celebrate the holiday season than to give the gift of sight? Instead of giving sweaters, ties or expensive electronic devices to family members or friends, consider making an online donation to ORBIS in their name.
Consider what your donation could provide:
- $100 allows three people to receive cataract surgery to restore or improve their sight.
- $75 underwrites the cost of surgery to correct the wayward eye of a child (strabismus), which could lead to permanent visual impairment if left untreated.
- $50 buys 100 tubes of antibacterial ointment to prevent and treat eye infections
- $35 covers the cost of distributing enough antibiotic to protect 50 people from the blinding disease trachoma. (The antibiotic itself is generously donated by Pfizer.)
- $10 provides for the testing and eyeglass correction of a child’s vision.
Your generosity could turn a bleak and marginal existence into one of hope and opportunity. Please help restore sight and prevent blindness in developing countries. Please give generously so that others may see.