The Telehealth Team is responsible for technology support of ORBIS programs through the Cyber-Sight telehealth and distance learning platform (www.cybersight.org), and the administration of the electronic medical record & program information management systems. The team will focus on integrating Cyber-Sight with ORBIS programs across the world and work together to expand ORBIS's clinical, educational and technology initiatives while developing long-term relationships with physicians, telehealth-partnering hospitals, educators, and IT & communications specialists.
Based in New York, the Telehealth Intern participates in the team's efforts to enhance the quality of ORBIS Program Technology initiatives both domestically and internationally, especially Cyber-Sight. This is an excellent opportunity for creative and motivated individuals interested in gaining experience in NGOs and especially international health. Ideal candidates will have an interest in health information technology and possess excellent research, writing and social media skills. Experience with graphic design and Adobe software is a plus, but not required. Internship is unpaid, part-time (2-3 days/week).
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
The Telehealth Intern will report directly to the Telehealth Program Associate, working closely with the Telehealth team, a translating team, and at times the IT & Communications staff.
- Coordinate Cyber-Sight's Question of the Week program.
- Tasks related to this involve liaising with ORBIS China team to translate Question of the Week into Chinese; formatting and scheduling Question of the Week distribution via email and on Cyber-Sight website; creating a strategy for improving Question of the Week on the future redesign of Cyber-Sight.
- Design and write creative marketing content for Cyber-Sight and Telehealth team for a variety of social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook and ORBIS' blog. There is an opportunity to create mock-ups for future Cyber-Sight marketing materials for use in both print and web formats.
- Contribute to Cyber-Sight redesign initiatives by conducting research on similar programs, creating user stories, and brainstorming metrics for success.
- Complete a series of other research, design and/or website-related projects to support Telehealth program initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in health and/or IT related fields, completed or in progress.
- Previous administrative and/or research work experience is a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with multiple social media channels.
- Experience with Adobe software is a plus.
- Graphic design interest is a plus.
- Strong organizational & planning skills with keen attention to detail: ability to think critically and handle multiple details efficiently while meeting deadlines.
- Flexible, pro-active, and open-minded work style; ability to work productively in a team as well as independently, and the ability to problem solve creatively.
- Willingness to handle all level and manner of work, including own/team's administrative tasks.